Pinwan, July 26, according to BUSSINESSKOREA, LG Energy Solution is expected to temporarily stop the development of prismatic batteries and focus on existing pouch and cylindrical batteries.
LG New Energy announced earlier this year that the company plans to develop prismatic batteries. To this end, LG New Energy formed a prismatic battery development team in January. However, many of the team’s engineers have recently moved to the automotive battery development and small battery development departments. This implies that LG is temporarily suspending the development of prismatic batteries.
In addition, LG New Energy recently announced that it is reconsidering plans to build a new cylindrical battery factory in Arizona due to surging investment costs. That means LG is likely to focus on existing pouch and cylindrical batteries.
LG New Energy’s operating profit in the second quarter of this year was 195.6 billion won (about 997 million yuan), a decrease of 73% from the same period last year and a decrease of 24.4% from the previous quarter.
IT Home CNBeta Play
- 2022-07-26It is reported that LG New Energy will suspend the development of prismatic batteries and focus on existing pouch and cylindrical batteries
- 2022-06-29 LG Energy Solutions to re-evaluate U.S. plant plans as costs surge
- 2022-04-07 LG New Energy’s operating profit in the first quarter of 2022 is expected to increase by 242% over the previous quarter
- 2022-02-21Former NVIDIA data scientist joins LG New Energy as the newly created “Chief Digital Officer”
- 2022-02-08 LG New Energy plans to increase production capacity of Michigan plant by 5 times
This article is reproduced from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8hXx7fAOsPQ
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.