Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says he’s confident the deal will eventually win regulatory approval, even as the company’s $69 billion takeover of Activision Blizzard faces in-depth scrutiny in the U.K. The forecast contrasts sharply with investor skepticism about the deal. While Activision shares rose on Thursday and outperformed tech stocks that tumbled on the day, at Wednesday’s closing price of $75.32, the stock was still more than 20% below Microsoft’s takeover offer — a sign of high skepticism about Microsoft whether the transaction can be completed.
CNBeta NetEase News TechWeb IT Home TechWeb Fast Technology TechWeb
- 2022-09-22Microsoft CEO: very confident in the approval of the acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- 2022-09-15Microsoft ‘s acquisition of Activision Blizzard faces in-depth antitrust investigation in the UK
- 2022-09-01UK regulator: Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard hinders market competition
- 2022-08-03 Activision Blizzard and NetEase terminate cooperation in developing World of Warcraft mobile game due to financial problems
- 2022-07-06UK launches antitrust investigation into Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard
This article is reprinted from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8jwR1FnvJvh
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.