New cool products will be tested for free for the first time, and many high-quality talents will share their unique life experiences. Come to Sina Public Test and experience the most cutting-edge, most interesting and fun products in various fields~! Download the client and get exclusive benefits!
This morning, Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said via Twitter that the second-generation Starlink will be launched next year and can be directly transmitted with mobile phones to eliminate blind spots on a global scale.
IT House learned that SpaceX plans to build a “Starlink” network consisting of about 12,000 satellites in space to provide Internet services between 2019 and 2024.
Last week, SpaceX launched another 53 Starlink satellites. The total number of Starlink satellites has now reached 3,108, of which about 2,845 are still orbiting the earth.
In January of this year, SpaceX shelved plans to launch 30,000 Starlink satellites using a Falcon 9 rocket and instead focused on using SpaceX Starships to launch second-generation Starlink satellites. This means that SpaceX is likely to “start launching the second-generation system of Starlink in March 2022.”
IT Home TechWeb Sina Technology CNBeta NetEase News
- 2022-08-26 Musk: SpaceX’s second-generation star chain will be launched next year, which will be directly connected to mobile phones
- 2022-07-28 Musk’s SpaceX star chain plan is greatly upgraded: mobile phones may be used directly
- 2022-02-15 Musk: SpaceX Starlink users exceed 250,000, with annual bookings exceeding $300 million
- 2021-11-30 Musk: SpaceX will go bankrupt if Starship is unsuccessful next year
- 2021-09-18 Musk: Starlink satellite Internet will end beta test next month
This article is reproduced from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8iMTUQUDtUH
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.