Titanium Media App reported on August 12, according to a Reuters report on August 12, people familiar with the matter said that South Korea’s SK Hynix plans to build an advanced chip packaging plant in the United States and is currently selecting a site. It is expected to break ground in the first quarter of next year. One of the sources said the plant is expected to cost "billions of dollars" to achieve mass production in 2025-2026, with plans to hire 1,000 workers. In addition, the plant will be used to package SK Hynix's own memory chips and logic chips designed by other U.S. companies for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. Earlier, SK Group said it would invest an additional $22 billion in the United States. Including the previously announced US$7 billion investment plan in the US, the total investment will reach US$29 billion.
Titanium Media IT Home
- 2022-08-12 SK hynix is reported to build a chip packaging plant in the United States, and start production in 2025 at the earliest
- 2022-07-27 SK hynix’s quarterly revenue exceeds 13 trillion won for the first time, and memory shipments are expected to slow down in the second half of the year
- 2022-07-22 SK hynix postpones South Korea plant expansion plan indefinitely
- 2022-04-28 SK hynix’s revenue in the first quarter was US$9.5 billion, and its operating profit doubled year-on-year
- 2022-04-05 SK hynix unveils “collaboration product” with Solidigm for the first time
This article is reprinted from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8ipCAL6QzK9
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.