According to TechWeb, Tesla’s head of investor relations, Martin Viecha, revealed at a recent technical conference in San Francisco that Tesla’s cost of producing each car in 2017 was $84,000. But it has dropped to $36,000 in recent quarters. Martin Viecha also revealed at the meeting that the cost reduction is not entirely due to the reduction in battery costs, but is the result of their continuous optimization of the vehicle design to simplify production as much as possible. The introduction of factories specially designed for the production of electric vehicles has also played an important role in reducing costs.
Martin Viecha also said at the meeting that optimizing production costs is very important for automakers, and believes that the production cost of each vehicle will be the most important indicator of attention in the future of electric vehicles, which is how many cars an automaker can produce and how big it can become. determinant of size.
Titanium Media TechWeb product play
- 2022-09-14The average production cost of a Tesla vehicle has dropped to $36,000, less than half of what it was in 2017
- 2020-05-22Tesla has dominated the Swiss electric car market
- 2020-05-11 Tesla Model 3 sales in China fell 64% in April
- 2020-02-08Tesla Model 3 leads the US electric car market
- 2019-12-24It is reported that Tesla expects to deliver more than 10,000 electric vehicles in the Netherlands in December
This article is reprinted from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8jiQ3HWw5wW
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.