According to Taiwan’s “Economic Daily”, TSMC is expected to hold a technology forum in Hsinchu, Taiwan on August 30, where the latest technological progress and customer achievements will be disclosed. The outside world is highly concerned about whether TSMC will release more news about the 2nm process.
In June this year, TSMC first launched a 2-nanometer process using a nanosheet transistor architecture at a North American technology forum, and is expected to start mass production in 2025. At the same power consumption, the speed of 2nm is 10% to 15% higher than that of 3nm; at the same speed, the power consumption is reduced by 25% to 30%. It is expected that at the technical forum on August 30, in addition to a speech by President Wei Zhejia, a supervisor will also explain the progress of advanced processes and special processes.
Sohu Sina Technology IT Home
- 2022-08-28TSMC will hold a technical forum on August 30, or disclose the latest progress of the 2nm process
- 2021-06-02TSMC’s 4nm process technology will be trial-produced ahead of schedule in the third quarter
- 2021-01-16TSMC plans to “risk production” 3nm chip mass production in the second half of 2022
- 2020-12-22Apple has ordered TSMC to produce 3nm chips, mainly for M series chips
- 2020-11-25Bloomberg : TSMC will start mass production of 3nm chips in the second half of 2022
This article is reprinted from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8iQBDABm7si
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.