Original link: https://macshuo.com/?p=1808
Starting this year, I started to be the CEO and founder of the company. After a few months of practice, I feel almost the same as when I brought a geek time team, chatting, discussing, eating, designing, writing, etc., everyone still has frequent And equal and smooth communication, the slight difference is that there is a difference between a large number of people and a small number of people, and the difference between more and less people. We only have one official weekly meeting a week, thanks to our small crowd.
However, as far as the urination of me and the founding team is concerned, there will be more people in the future, and there will be more.
When the company is starting up, there are many miscellaneous things to consider, such as:
1. Personnel recruitment, full-time and part-time, such as: financial administrative personnel, product managers, operations, engineers, etc.
2. Company name and logo design. company registration
3. Determine the investor and the investment amount
4. Design of the company’s shareholding structure
5. Create a financial account
6. Drafting various agreements related to investment
7. The investment funds are recorded in the account
8. Personal social security and salary matters
9. Location and decoration of office space
10. Knowledge Planet Content Planning and Reserve
11. Enterprise knowledge planet creation, financial account docking
12. Operation plan
13. Create an Alibaba Cloud account and build a basic development environment
14. Migrate macshuo.com personal website
15. Complete the visual design of the company…
There are some things here that have little to do with business and products, but what must be done is the foundation. Fortunately, we have already completed these things, the company has entered normal operation, and we have begun to promote the company’s work step by step.
I remember when the company was first established, a user from Planet asked, in the process of starting a business and running a company, if you only care about three indicators to observe the health of the company, which three indicators do you look at?
That’s what I answered, and I did.
1. Do users like your product ? It contains a lot of content, including product value, market fit, business model, user activity… You can take out a lot of indicators. In the final analysis, whether your content or product is good, has it solved the user’s problem? , whether users are willing to spend time on your product. This is the foundation of a company.
2. Income exceeds expenditure . Especially at this stage, the previous entrepreneurs didn’t care much about this. Now that stage has passed. We must operate enterprises and users in a refined way, and work intensively to have a chance to survive and grow in the new era.
As a company CEO, you should focus on the income statement and cash flow statement. The former explains the company’s revenue, expenses, and profits over a certain period. Revenue and fixed and variable costs, as well as gross margin and net profit, reflect the business model and profitability. The latter represents how long the company can live.
3. Employee status . I want to do things that make users happy and employees happy. Of course, employees also include myself. If we want to build a more free and vast future through an organization, the people in the organization must be self-driven, active and happy. This is not the opposite of hardships in starting a business. If there is no unnecessary wear and tear, no junk meetings, and no office politics, everyone will be happy even if they are tired.
Another interesting phenomenon is that I need to pay everyone a monthly salary and confirm every expenditure of the company. When you are in charge of a business line or a product founder, you don’t need to pay much attention. It’s not a big deal, but there’s a subtle shift in mentality.
People are still very strong, and all of these are quickly adapted.
We focus on the user, product and content level, and the overall information is smooth and flowing. I think, no matter how big the company gets, we’ll try to keep it that way as much as possible.
Many companies develop a little bit, and the founders and even the founding team will become lonely. They will consciously or unconsciously draw a clear gap between themselves and the rest of the company. They don’t talk about anything except work.
It is extremely important to build a strong team to ensure the smooth and flow of real information. This is what ByteDance does. This is a matter of long-term stability [Wangchai].
Speaking of loneliness, I think of a book I read before, “Eleven Kinds of Loneliness.” The author of the book is Richard Yates, who was poor and underappreciated all his life, smoking and drinking, and suffering from illness. It is such a writer who writes about the ordinary life of ordinary people, and writes about the loneliness, loss and despair of ordinary people, but it points directly to the heart.
The translator wrote in the post-translation sequence:
Eleven Kinds of Loneliness is about outsiders who want to enter a world but are rejected. The world could be a classroom, it could be an army, it could be a family. White-collar workers waiting to be fired in Manhattan office buildings; taxi drivers with rich imaginations; young people who want to be writers but underestimate and help others; dry old teachers, newly transferred elementary school students, tuberculosis patients, humiliated The jazz pianist, the empty rich kid in France; the unhappy military officer, the retired soldier, and the woman they yearned for but ignored.
It is estimated that there are many such lonely people in the world. As a company, we try our best to avoid this kind of loneliness. I think this is also one of the joys of starting a business.
This article is reprinted from: https://macshuo.com/?p=1808
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.