Reuters reported on July 26 that U.S. President Biden held a video meeting on Monday with the chief executives of Lockheed Martin, Medtronic and Cummins, as well as labor leaders, as the U.S. government pushes for legislation to boost the U.S. semiconductor industry. do part.
“Congress must pass this bill as quickly as possible, and this bill will provide a superpower to push semiconductor production,” Biden said. The bill includes about $52 billion in subsidies for U.S. semiconductor production, as well as a new , a four-year 25% tax credit to encourage companies to build semiconductor factories in the United States. The tax credit is estimated to be worth about $24 billion. Other terms include a $1 billion grant program for “long-term distressed communities.”
TechWeb CNBeta Sina Technology
- The U.S. government pushes the “Semiconductor Act”, and Biden meets with CEOs and labor leaders of many U.S. companies via video2022-07-26
- Biden plans to impose 20% minimum income tax on billionaires2022-03-27
- Biden’s new initiative will provide Americans with free COVID antiviral drugs
- The Biden administration’s $1.75 trillion spending bill was frustrated, and electric car stocks fell in response2021-12-21
- After talks with Biden, Google, Microsoft pledge to invest heavily in cybersecurity 2021-08-25
This article is reprinted from: https://readhub.cn/topic/8hXvrP1zoTS
This site is for inclusion only, and the copyright belongs to the original author.